Technique Vs Cost Perspective of Choosing the Hair Transplant Procedure Technique Vs Cost Perspective of Choosing the Hair Transplant Procedure by Dr. Goutam Guha – Best Hair Transplant Specialist in Kolkata. The hair transplant procedure is referred to as moving or shifting the hair follicles from the safe zone of the…
Breast Reduction In Kolkata | Mammoplasty In Kolkata
Looking for Breast Reduction in Kolkata or Mammoplasty in Kolkata? Dr. Goutam Guha provides best and minimum Breast Reduction Cost in Kolkata. Breast reduction, alternatively called reduction mammaplasty, is a surgery done for decreasing the size of the breasts. It involves removal of excess fat, tissue and skin from the breasts. Sometimes, only liposuction may also be helpful. Women with large breasts benefit from breast reduction surgery, as it helps them have breasts that are proportional to the body; and in some, to get rid of the associated shoulder pain and discomfort. It improves self-image and self-esteem of women, and increase their physical activities.
The goal of breast reduction surgery is to reduce the size of your breasts and reshape them so that they are proportionate to the rest of your body and are no longer a source of physical discomfort. This commonly requested, predictable procedure has the dual benefits of improving your appearance while relieving the physical and emotional burden of overly large breasts.
When to Consider Breast Reduction
- You have backaches, neck aches, or skin irritation under your breasts.
- When you have difficulty breathing and notice grooves in your shoulders from your bra straps.
- You have poor posture or numbness in parts of your breasts and upper chest from excessive breast weight.
- When find it nearly impossible to buy dresses and blouses and difficult to find tops that fit.
- Very unhappy with your appearance because of your breast size.
- You are in good health with no active diseases or pre-existing medical conditions.
- Have realistic expectations of the outcome of your surgery. You must be able to discuss what you want with your plastic surgeon so that you can reach an understanding of what can realistically be achieved.
- Skin has adequate elasticity, so it can resume its former tightness following surgery.
- You are mentally and emotionally stable. Breast reduction requires patience and stability to deal with the healing period.
- Old enough so that your breast development has stopped.
- You have finished having children and breast-feeding, because this can have significant and unpredictable effects on the size and shape of your breasts.
Limitations and Risks
Fortunately, serious risks of breast reduction surgeries are rare and the satisfaction rate with these procedures is high. The overall complication rate is small if the operation is done by an experienced plastic surgeon operating in an accredited facility.
All surgical procedures have some degree of risk. Some of the potential complications of all surgeries are:
- Adverse reaction to anaesthesia.
- Hematoma or seroma (an accumulation of blood or fluid under the skin that may require removal)
- Infection and bleeding
- Changes in skin sensation
- Allergic reactions
- Damage to underlying structures
- Unsatisfactory results that may necessitate additional procedures
- Blood clots in the legs or lungs
- You can help minimize certain risks by following the advice and instructions of your board-certified plastic surgeon, both before and after your breast reduction.